Vice President and Country Manager
Paris Area, France
Descrição da vaga
Comforts of Home, a leader in international student housing in Europe, seeks a Country Manager to manage the company’s Paris operations. Our Paris office, the company’s largest, includes 15 full-time staff and a number of part-time staff. The office leases and maintains several hundred apartments across Paris to students affiliated with multiple educational program partners.
The Country Manager’s responsibility is to manage the office towards achievement of the company’s overall operating goals for the French market, including reaching the company’s sales and marketing goals for occupancy of apartments by wholesale and independent student programs; ensuring availability of furnished apartments and operation of maintenance and cleaning to deliver to the company’s customers; managing service staff dedicated to student arrivals and client management; and supervising administrative aspects of the office’s function.
The position eventually may include expansion to cities outside Paris and recruitment of local personnel for them and responsibility for the profit and loss associated with these operations. Compensation will include a base salary and a bonus associated with meeting the company’s growth and margin targets in France.
Requirements for the position include 10 years’ experience, preferably including general management of a large hospitality property or group of properties; experience managing a team to a budget, including sales targets, in a sales-driven environment; and comfort conducting business in French in a French-language business environment.
Preferred experience includes experience with the student or other institutional housing markets; experience with apartment rental or management; and experience with the American or other international university systems. An undergraduate degree is required (a master’s is preferred).
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- With the company’s corporate sales team, working closely with institutional and group clients to attract and retain group bookings, including identifying new institutions in France, and creating and contracting programs for them
- Directing operations of the company’s communications for France-based clients, including marketing agreements, housing policies, and sales and service collateral
- Supervision of customer services activities associated with the company’s clients in France
- Managing real estate acquisition staff to identify and secure properties in proportion to projected demand, and supervising operational staff for furnishing and maintenance of these properties in accordance with the company’s brand standards
- Supervising the legal and administrative aspects of the company’s operations in France, including lease and contract terms for the company’s customers and suppliers, negotiation with landlords and suppliers, and general recruitment and administration of office staff
- With the company’s corporate finance staff, supervising financial and operational reporting in France, including sales forecasting, expense control, and P & L management.
Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter to Lauren Klein. CVs without cover letters will not be considered.
Entre em contato com o anunciante da vaga
Tipo de trabalho
(não somos responsáveis pela vaga, apenas repassamos os anúncios e oportunidades