Legal Counsel Latin America GE Oil & Gas
Rio de Janeiro
Descrição da vaga
The Legal Counsel will provide legal advice and compliance leadership to GE O&G business divisions throughout Latin America.
Essential Responsibilities :
Acting as a strategic business partner the Legal Counsel is expected to :
(1) provide advice to the P&L leaders on observed opportunities and strategic direction,
(2) provide legal support and advice to the sales and commercial operations teams in the region as well,
(3) support the businesses and other members of the legal and compliance department on a variety of operational issues in the region.
Key responsibilities include:
• Provide legal leadership and strategic legal advice and compliance leadership to legal team.
Structuring, negotiating, reviewing and drafting terms & conditions of international and domestic agreements, including sales, sourcing, licensing, services, labor relations, consortium, teaming, sub-contracting arrangements or other strategic alliances
• Providing legal advice in connection with public tenders
• Providing ongoing tactical advice and support in general commercial matters and transactions
• Providing advice and counsel on controllership with regard to transactions
• Providing preliminary legal support to business regarding contract interpretation and guidance, particularly regarding disputes or other issues that develop during contract execution
• Advising the business on regulatory, privacy, antitrust, labor/employment, corporate governance, and advertising/promotional matters
• Maintaining policies and procedures, and ensuring consistent application of these throughout the business, through sound partnering with the business
• Training of the business and sales teams on applicable legal and compliance issues
• Keeping abreast of legal developments in the region, in particular new commercial, regulatory and compliance risks that arise in the region
• Complementing the Compliance team’s work with legal and compliance training where appropriate, serve as escalation point and help with investigations and with making decisions with broader risk implications
• Be motivator and energizer for a strong culture of integrity
Competências e experiência desejadas
• Law degree (with bar association), with substantial experience within the LA legal system.
• Minimum 5 years of legal post qualification experience.
• Strong experience in law firm and/or corporate legal department that includes: substantial “hands-on” experience
• Strong commercial law background and understanding of public tenders, bidding and local public procurement practices
• Fluency in English, Portuguese and Spanish, including the ability to draft and negotiate legal and commercial documents in such languages
• Experience in the Oil & Gas and Energy sectors is highly desired
• Experience in both common law and civil code systems
• Availability to travel (national and international)
• Superior advocacy skills, including the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate in writing and orally, and to think clearly under pressure
• Ability to give pragmatic and practical legal advice
• Record of successful teamwork, excellent interpersonal skills and diplomatic abilities
Entre em contato com o anunciante da vaga
Regina Franke Tosi·2nd
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant Latin/South America at GE Global Growth Operations
Tipo de trabalho
***Por gentileza informar para o contato da vaga que teve acesso através do blog:https://esildaalciprete.wordpress.com*
(não somos responsáveis pela vaga, apenas repassamos os anúncios e oportunidades