Legal Counsel Latin America
Empresa : GE
Job Number – 2401181
GE Oil & Gas
(NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best
people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and
home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining.
Doing. GE works. For more information, visit our website at
Oil & Gas
GE Oil & Gas
is a world
leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting
customers across the industry—from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to
the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it’s The Way We Work.
We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation,
customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency,
productivity and equipment reliability.
We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the
megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset
health management. Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter
Posted Position Title
Legal Counsel Latin America
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available
City – Rio de Janeiro
Postal Code – 20031-170
Legal Counsel will provide legal advice and compliance leadership to GE O&G business divisions throughout Latin America.
The Legal Counsel will provide legal advice and compliance leadership to GE O&G businesses in Latin America.
Acting as a strategic business partner the Legal Counsel is expected to :
(1) provide advice to the P&L leaders on observed opportunities and strategic direction,
(2) provide legal support and advice to the sales and commercial operations teams in the region as well,
(3) support the businesses and other members of the legal and compliance department on a variety of operational issues in the region.
Key responsibilities include:
• Provide legal leadership and strategic legal advice and compliance leadership to legal team.
Structuring, negotiating, reviewing and drafting terms & conditions of international and domestic agreements, including sales, sourcing, licensing, services, labor relations, consortium, teaming, sub-contracting arrangements or other strategic alliances
• Providing legal advice in connection with public tenders
• Providing ongoing tactical advice and support in general commercial matters and transactions
• Providing advice and counsel on controllership with regard to transactions
• Providing preliminary legal support to business regarding contract interpretation and guidance, particularly regarding disputes or other issues that develop during contract execution
• Advising the business on regulatory, privacy, antitrust, labor/employment, corporate governance, and advertising/promotional matters
• Maintaining policies and procedures, and ensuring consistent application of these throughout the business, through sound partnering with the business
• Training of the business and sales teams on applicable legal and compliance issues
• Keeping abreast of legal developments in the region, in particular new commercial, regulatory and compliance risks that arise in the region
• Complementing the Compliance team’s work with legal and compliance training where appropriate, serve as escalation point and help with investigations and with making decisions with broader risk implications
• Be motivator and energizer for a strong culture of integrity
• Law degree (with bar association), with substantial experience within the LA legal system.
• Minimum 5 years of legal post qualification experience.
• Strong experience in law firm and/or corporate legal department that includes: substantial “hands-on” experience
• Strong commercial law background and understanding of public tenders, bidding and local public procurement practices
• Fluency in English, Portuguese and Spanish, including the ability to draft and negotiate legal and commercial documents in such languages
• Experience in the Oil & Gas and Energy sectors is highly desired
• Experience in both common law and civil code systems
• Availability to travel (national and international)
• Superior advocacy skills, including the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate in writing and orally, and to think clearly under pressure
• Ability to give pragmatic and practical legal advice
• Record of successful teamwork, excellent interpersonal skills and diplomatic abilities
Location: Rio de Janeiro
(não somos responsáveis pela vaga, apenas repassamos os anúncios e oportunidades